Thursday, September 30, 2004

Heinlein said it well

If you are part of a society that votes, then do so. There may be no candidates and no measures you want to vote for ... but there are certain to be ones you want to vote against. By this rule you will rarely go wrong.

--in "The Notebooks of Lazarus Long," in his masterpiece Time Enough For Love.

This is why, although I am far from pleased with the job W has been doing as president, I will cast my vote for him come November. Really, I'll be voting against Kerry. There is no way in hell I could vote for a man who:
  • Has what, a 20% attendance record at his current job?
  • Despite his recent protests, is an inimitable foe of the Second Amendment.
  • Waffles his position on every issue.
  • While a commissioned officer in the USNR met with enemy officials in war time.
  • Defamed American servicemen wholesale in sworn testimony to Congress.
  • Would make American interests subordinate to those of the UN.

No comments: