Friday, July 21, 2006

Browsing with Opera 9 and del.icio.us

I've been spending a lot of time this week in Opera 9 on my iBook. I still use Firefox, but it seems to be getting slower lately. I removed several extensions in an effort to strip it down but it remains slower than Opera, or Safari for that matter. Opera allows you a lot of flexibility in configuration, and as you can see below, I have it fairly stripped down to make the most efficient use of my iBook's 1024x768 screen.






Most of the sites I visit are rendered OK in Opera, although Blogger's image upload feature seems a bit borked. After uploading the image from my Photobucket account, instead of the thumbnail, the full image is shown in the Blogger compose window. So, in order to finish this post I had to login using Firefox. Weird.

In tandem with using Opera I created an account with del.icio.us, so that I can store bookmarks online and not have to worry about whether I have them synced across my various computers. It'll take a little while to populate my del.icio.us account but this looks to be a very handy way of bookmarking sites.

No comments: