Wednesday, February 25, 2009

More Public Mood Investigation with Google Trends

In my last post I looked at gauging the public mood in America using Google Trends.  This morning I punched in a few more terms.  The results reinforce my findings yesterday which indicate that there's a lot of unease out there about a potential economic crash.

First, looking for "gold standard" and "precious metals" gives us these two graphs, which lead me to believe folks are losing confidence in our money system:


Photobucket



Photobucket


And "food storage" shows are sharp increase, revealing concern about either future scarcity, future inability to pay for food, or both:


Photobucket


Finally, searching for trends on "ammo" possibly revealing uncertainty about things in general, including future availability:

Photobucket

Click on the thumbnails for full size graphs.

No comments: