Monday, April 11, 2005

Road trip

We took a road trip up to Orange County, NY this weekend for my grandmither's 90th birthday. I hadn't seen my dad's side of the family in awhile so it was nice to go. Also, this was the first time any of them had seen Amanda except in pictures so that was another reason to go.

The trip was about 3-1/4 hours each way. A good part of the drive is off the major interstates, taking US-209 through the Delware Water Gap National Recreation Area. It's beautiful country and we may take the kids camping there in a couple of years once they're a little older.

We got home at about 1400 yesterday and sat outdside to enjoy the nice Spring weather. Judith's aunt and grandmother stopped by for a little while. After they left, I cut down some bushes which were beyond the point of trimming back so they'd look neat, along the front of the house. I'm thinking that after I cut the stumps flush with the ground, I'll build a raised bed and put in some flowers to spruce up the place.

I'm still tired from the weekend. :-)

Today I plan to do some more work with the WatchGuard Firebox X2500 demo unit that I got in last week, and this afternoon I have a meeting about an ongoing wifi hotspot project.

No comments: