Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Modern Times

One of the first albums I bought was Modern Times, by Jefferson Starship.  I got it shortly after it came out and wore out the record well before I got out of high school (this was several years before CDs came out).  It's probably been 20 years since I last listened to it, but for some reason it came to mind a couple of weeks ago.  So, I wound up ordering it on CD from Amazon.

Modern Times rocks.  Before Jefferson Starship morphed into Starship and put out crap like "We Build This City," they were a hard rocking band.  Modern Times contains two songs which were hits in '81 - '82: Find Your Way Back and Stranger.  The videos for both songs saw heavy rotation in the early days of MTV, back when they actually played music.

Check it out if you like late '70s/early '80s rock from before the age of hair metal.


No comments: