Friday, March 04, 2005

Regulate THIS!

In just a few months, [FEC Commissioner Bradley Smith] warns, bloggers and news organizations could risk the wrath of the federal government if they improperly link to a campaign's Web site. Even forwarding a political candidate's press release to a mailing list, depending on the details, could be punished by fines. Link.

The McCain-Feingold Incumbent Protection Act stinks like a barrel of dead fish, and this is the topping. Using it to directly suppress individual political speech is beyond the pale. Fuck that. I will not be silenced. I will write whatever the hell I want and link to any site I please. I don't want to have to sit down one day and answer the question from my kids, "Daddy, what did you do when they censored the Internet."

Molon Labe applies not just to my guns, it applies to my keyboard. Join the M-F Insurrection!

No comments: