Friday, May 25, 2007

A Long Time Ago ...

You didn't think I would not have a post about the 30th anniversary of Star Wars, did you?

Yup, today is the 30th anniversary of the release of Star Wars. I was not quite nine years old. I saw it shortly after it was released, at the theater in the Security Mall outside of Baltimore, Maryland. The first night we went to see it traffic backed up from the mall parking lot onto the Baltimore Beltway (I-695), and by the time we got into the lot, the only available seats were way up front. My parents didn't want to sit there, so we left and came back the next night. I recall seeing the poster in the theater's lobby and thinking that I might or might not like the movie.

It turned out to be a defining moment in my life. I've been a Star Wars nerd ever since.

No comments: