- Safari web browser with multiple tabs.
- Thunderbird for 2 personal email accounts.
- MS Outlook for work email and calendar.
- MS Lync for work IM.
- Slack for work IM/file sharing.
- Textwrangler text editor for a scratchpad.
- Evernote for note taking.
- OS X Terminal.app running SSH tunnel to a Linux server.
- OS X Terminal.app for ping and traceroute to troubleshoot connection to a vSphere server.
- ZOC for SSH connections to multiple Linux servers.
- MS Remote Desktop Client with connections to 2 VMware vCenter servers.
- MS Excel with two spreadsheets open for looking up server IPs.
- MS Word to review a quote I got on some electrical work in my data center.
- Windows 7 Professional running in Parallels Desktop, so I could run Internet Explorer and the HP .NET iLO remote console for a VMware vSphere server that is acting up.
I have the application windows spread out across multiple virtual desktops on my 27" Apple Thunderbolt display. It's perfectly stable and responsive.