Sunday, September 26, 2004

Poison Ivy

For the last week or so I've had a case of poison ivy, which has been driving me up the wall. It's on my forearms and ankles/feet. I've been taking Benadryl and using a hydrocortisone cream, both of which help to keep the itching under control most of the time. The Benadryl unfortunately is also causing me to walk around in a haze. Yesterday I started putting witch hazel on the rash a couple of times a day and that helps for a bit, too.

Today I went out to the drug store and bought a tube of Calagel, which included a trial size of tecnu, a cleanser meant for getting out the uroshial oil that causes the rash.

I also found this site, which has a lot of information on poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac.

The funny (?) thing is I don't even know where I came into contact with the poison ivy.

No comments: