Sunday, August 21, 2005

The Rally Point Shoot August 20, 2005

Yesterday I went to The Rally Point Shoot held at Water & Wings in East Greenville, PA. Total turnout was about 50 people, including several new shooters. Kudos go out to the organizers, Jamie, Geoff, and all the other folks who helped out, for putting together a well-organized, safe event.

First, a couple shots of the 50 yard range:





A few of the neat guns seen (yes, the first one is an M-60 machinegun):









And finally, the group pic. The gent in the yellow shirt on the far left is Jamie, the primary organizer. I'm all the way on the right, kneeling in a boonie hat, and holding my Lithgow Short Magazine Lee-Enfield Mk.III*, compleat with bayonet.



Feinstein, Schumer, et al. can go FOAD.

Edit: Argh! So much for using Yahoo Photos for picture hosting. I uploaded them to building-tux.com so they should be visible for everyone now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damnit, I wish I could have gone.

{whine}

Dave Markowitz said...

Just make sure SWMBO doesn't make any conflicting plans for the next time. :-)

Anonymous said...

Official head count was 56

Keep an eye on www.firearms.org for new dates. We may put up a couple dates for next spring.

I'm hoping to bug the President of EFGA.net to have one in the FALL.

Anonymous said...

Not nearly so tough to organize a group shoot here behind the Zion Curtain. Mostly, its, "my truck or yours?" and "out to the desert or up the canyon?"

I got to put 4 rounds downrange with one of those S&W 500s a few weeks back- what a cannon! Not fun, really, but I sure wasn't passing up the chance!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have gone I like this site for me wish he all the best.