Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Safari 3.0b Instabilities

Since my last post I wound up changing back to Firefox 2 as my default browser. Safari 3.0b works fine for most pages, with notable exceptions being Blogger and several pages which use Javascript. For example, when I clicked on the Haloscan comments link to one of GeekWithA.45's posts, Safari crashed. I repeated this on a few other pages. Because so many sites rely on Javascript for functionality this is a show-stopper for me.

Hopefully by the time that Safari 3.0 is out of beta this problem will be fixed. I like its speed and integration with other Apple applications. E.g., in Safari you can right-click on a photo on a web page and select "Add to iPhoto library," which is pretty slick.

In the interim, I'll stick with Firefox.

No comments: