Monday, August 30, 2021

D4 Guns Lever Wrap Kit

Lever action rifles function best when you work the action authoritatively. Some more so than others, for example my Interarms 65 (a rebadged Rossi 92) really needs to be worked like it owes you money. That can be hard on your fingers, so something that cowboy actions shooters have created is a lever wrap made from leather (or paracord if you want a more tacticool look).

So, the other day I ordered a D4 Guns Lever Wrap Kit. it includes materials for doing two levers, so I wound up putting one on the Interarms and the second on my Cimarron 1873 Sporting Rifle.

The included instructions are OK but D4 Guns has an excellent video on how to do the stitching, which I recommend. Click here.

Here are a couple views of the Interarms Rossi:





And the 1873:


One downside is that they aren't easily removed in case they get wet. You'd have to cut the stitching and redo it. The thread is artificial sinew, like this stuff.


No comments: