Friday, September 23, 2022

Sent the Broken Lock Out for Repair

As mentioned in my last post, at this point I’ve decided to have a professional repair the canoe gun's lock, so I shipped the lock today Brad Emig at Cabin Creek Muzzleloading, which is just East of York, PA.  For lock repair he came highly recommended on the Muzzleloading Forum, and it’s nice that he’s relatively close.

Another reason I went with CCM is that I got a reply and a phone call very shortly after emailing him. I still haven't heard back from Jim Chambers Flintlocks. I called CCM this morning to confirm his shipping address and to ask whether I should include payment and Emig picked up the phone and was very friendly. He'll call me when it's done with the final cost and I can then either pay via a credit card or send him a check.

His base price for a lock tune is $95 + any parts he might need + return shipping.

It should get there Monday.

I’ve seen Emig’s guns at the Dixon’s Gunmakers Fair and they are gorgeous, absolute works of art (and priced commensurately).

And since the lock is a Siler, the other day I ordered from the Log Cabin Shop a large Siler flint and a vent liner to match the drum’s threads. Hope to get that next week.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Oooo!!! The plot thickens! Definitely looking forward to watching this one develop!