Friday, December 03, 2004

Rats, foiled again

Not only was I less successful last night that I'd hoped for, today I got screwed out of a good time at the range. I called up the place where I shoot and got their ansering machine. It said their winter hours were Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 9:00 - 4:30. So, I expected they'd be open.

Wrong. I got there only to find a sign on the door to the range house indicating that they are closed during the week during buck season. I.e., today and next week. (Insert long string of expletives here.)

I figured that since I was already halfway there, I might as well take a ride up to Cabela's in Hamburg, since I knew there'd be things I need that I could pick up. I walked out of the store with:
  • A spare magazine for my Savage 93GL .22 Mag.
  • A .30 caliber Bore Snake
  • Two .50 caliber ammo cans
  • Two boxes of Ultramax .223 55 grain FMJ remanufactured ammo
  • A Cabela's teddy bear for Amanda
  • A chocolate bar
So the day wasn't a complete waste.

No comments: