Sunday, February 18, 2007

Email to the NRA

I sent this to publications@nrahq.com:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to express my outrage at Jim Zumbo's vitriolic antigun comments on his blog at . In his blog he equates owners of semiautomaitc military-style rifles -- singling out AR-15 owners -- as terrorists. After reading Zumbo's blog entry anyone can tell that this was no offhand remark. It's what he really thinks. It is my understanding that Zumbo also writes for the NRA magazine Shooting Illustrated.

Mr. Zumbo has the right to his opinion. But in a time when our Right to Keep and Bear Arms is under assault, when the Congress and the Senate are dominated by antigun Democrats like Nancy Pelosi and Charles Schumer, antigun rhetoric from someone supposedly on our side, on a hunting website, is especially damaging to our cause.

I am an NRA Life Member and Second Amendment activist. Whenever I make an online purchase from vendors like MidwayUSA or Natchez Shooter's Supply, I always participate in the NRA Round-Up program. (This occurs once a month or more, by the way.) If the NRA doesn't show Mr. Zumbo the door then I'll give my hard-earned dollars to other gun rights organizations.

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

David S. Markowitz

No comments: