Friday, March 27, 2009

Gettin Edumacated

Last week I got in a couple of DVDs which no educational library for small children should be without:


Seriously, Schoolhouse Rock is for my daughters.  But if you were a kid in the US during the late 1960s through the early 80s, you probably know almost all of the SR cartoons.  This set has all 46 original shorts along with one made several years later to cover the Electoral College.  So far, we've watched ten of them and the girls are enjoying the videos.

And of course The Young Ones set is for me, not the girls.  My brother and I were big fans of the show when it aired on MTV back in the 1980s.  To this day if someone mentions having a movie of something, we'll look at each other and say, "Oh, we have a video?"  So far I've viewed Interesting and Boring.  The video quality looks good but I wish they would've cleaned up the audio a little more.  Still, if you're an old fan it's worth getting the set. 

No comments: