Sunday, February 12, 2023

Mr. Flintlock Patch Lube and Bore Cleaner

I shot the Boulder Valley woods walk today and hit 15 out of 20. This was my first time using Mr. Flintlock lube on my patches and did not need to swab between shots at all. 20 shots with no swabbing and I could have shot another round of 20. Cleanup afterwards wasn’t bad. (I shot my normal load with a .490 ball, 0.018" ticking patch, and 60 grains of Goex 3Fg, except for the last target which was out at 80 yards so I loaded 80 grains of powder.)




For all I know it’s a mix of alcohol and Murphy’s Oil Soap or Pine Sol, but it freakin works for target shooting. I’ll stick with Track’s Mink Oil or October Country’s Bumblin Bear Grease for hunting but for long strings of fire this stuff is amazing. I partially attribute my score today to not needing to swab and thus reducing my fatigue.

It's available directly from the maker at https://mrflintlock.com/. I've also seen it on the shelf at Dixon's so it might also be available at a shop local to you.

I have no connection with Mr. Flintlock aside from being a very satisfied customer.



No comments: