Thursday, August 19, 2004

Sitemeter

You may have noticed that I added a Sitemeter at the bottom of the page. I decided to try it out after having seen it at several places on the web, including Instapundit. It's quite nice, giving you some very useful stats even with the free account.

One very cool feature of Sitemeter is that it automates the process of adding the counter to blogs hosted by Blogger. By this I mean it does more than generate the appropriate HTML or Javascript to add to your site. Rather, it will actually add it to your site if you supply your username and password. That strikes me as good customer analysis. Many bloggers aren't really techie (or are like me and for something like this, too lazy to be techie), so anything that automates page authoring is a Good Thing.

No comments: