Saturday, August 14, 2004

Updates

A side effect of no longer using my Compaq laptop as my daily computer is that I have become a little lapse in updating all the software -- except for AVG Antivirus -- on it. So, today I upgraded Mozilla, Firefox, and Thunderbird to the latest versions. Tbird looks the same but Firefox's theme is a little different. I went from Mozilla 1.5 to 1.7.2, but the reason I have it on this box is Composer, so I'm not really wringing it out.

Tbird and Firefox continue to impress. Either the full Mozilla suite or the individual apps are the best, easiest way to protect yourself on the Internet. By avoiding the use of IE as much as possible, and not using Outlook Express, you'll really minimize your exposure to spyware and viruses.

Check 'em out at Mozilla.org.

No comments: