Friday, October 07, 2022

Black and Decker Workmate 225 Craigslist Score

This morning I picked up this slightly used Black and Decker Workmate 225 that I found on Craigslist, from a seller about 10 minutes away, and it only cost me $15. I just had to clean off some dirt and cobwebs, and then I lubed all the pivots with Pedro's Ice Wax dry film bike chain lube. I used that because once it dries it doesn't leave behind an oily film that will collect dust.




I'm going to make another gun holder insert and take this one up to my friend's off-grid cabin. He's got a vise we can leave up there as well, and we're also going to make a set of sawbucks to use with it.

Compared with the cheap Harbor Freight portable folding workbench that I already had, this is a lot more robust.

This unit is older but Black & Decker still makes it. If you cannot find a used one they are available at home centers or on Amazon.

1 comment:

Bigus Macus said...

I've had mine now for thirty plus years. It's held up well in spite of my abuse.